Monday, November 7, 2011

Well here is my first tasting on Beer Delaware blog. I will do things differently. No numeric ratings, no A, B, or C ratings. I do not want a number or letter to persuade you one way or another. What I want is for you to try all Delaware beers and decide whether or not you like them yourself. I will give you my over all impression and feelings toward these beers.

Today I tasted one of my favorite styles, a Porter from Evolution Craft Brewery, located in Delmar, Delaware. This Porter is called Lucky 7 Porter due to the simple fact it is brewed with 7 lucky malts. Cool huh?

Well just like some of the other EVO beers I have tasted, this fails to disappoint. It pored black with a reddish tint through the light. A nice tan pillowy head that kept me company for about 5 minutes. The aroma gave off roasted malts, then coffee with dark chocolate.

It had a medium bodied mouth feel and  provided a sharp maltiness on the tongue, light coffee bitterness with dark chocolate notes. It had a long pleasant finish. Most beer drinkers relate Porters with cool autumn air and a toasty fire. For me, Porters work well all year round, especially with BBQ. Try it with your favorite chocolate dessert.

Lucky 7 will be a standard porter in my household. Keep up the good work Evolution!


Serve Lucky 7 in a a pint glass or a glass similar to the one featured in the picture. Best served between 50 and 55 degrees.

Enjoy and Drink Local




.

No comments:

Post a Comment